Couscous is one of the most popular dishes in the Maghreb, and is characterized by its distinct and good flavors.
Lamb shanks: 1 kilo (cut into medium-sized pieces)
Couscous: half a kilo
Onions: 2 tablets (sliced)
Tomato: 2 tablets (diced)
Parsley: a handful
Carrots: half a kilo (chopped large)
Turnip: half a kilo
Cabbage: a quarter of a grain (small)
Zucchini: 4 pieces
Pumpkin: half a kilo
Chickpeas: a can (boiled and drained).
Red hot pepper: 2 pods (optional)
Olive oil: half a cup
Salt: 1 teaspoon
Black pepper: 1 teaspoon
Ginger powder: 1 teaspoon
Turmeric: 1 teaspoon
Saffron: 1/4 teaspoon (dissolved in water / optional)
Water: 4 cups (boiled)
Onions: 3 grains (slices, amounts of an apple).
Butter: a tablespoon (or vegetable oil amounts of an apple).
Raisins: Half a cup (washed and soaked in cold water for a quarter of an hour, the amounts of an apple)
Black pepper: 1/4 teaspoon (apple amounts)
Salt: half a teaspoon (apple amounts).
Ginger: half a teaspoon (apple amounts).
Cinnamon: half a teaspoon (apple amounts).
Sugar: 1/4 teaspoon (apple amounts).
- Stir the onions in the oil, then add the meat and spices and stir well. Add the tomatoes, then boiling water and cover the saucepan for 1-2 hours, and then add the carrots, turnips and cabbage.
- At the same time, prepare the couscous by spraying two cups of cold water with mixing, then pouring a quarter cup of olive oil.
- After the steam rises from the couscous cooker, add the couscous and let it evaporate for 1/4 hour.
- Take the pot off the stove and sprinkle the couscous with two cups of cold water, a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of olive oil, and add the rest of the vegetables to the saucepan, then the couscous and let it evaporate for another quarter of an hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the apples: Saute the onions in oil, butter, or a mixture of both, then add the spices and leave the onions on low heat for a quarter of an hour. Then add the raisins and keep stirring until the onion turns golden. Couscous is served in a large plate with the addition of meat sauce, vegetables and onions.