Moroccan chicken tagine recipe, a traditional recipe popular in Morocco, served as a main dish for a fine dining table. Chef Inas Ahed offered us the recipe, try it to get a perfect meal.
Onions: 1 piece (large, footed)
Obesity: a tablespoon
Olive oil: a tablespoon
Garlic: 5 cloves
Cardamom: 12 pieces
Cloves: 2 pieces
Anise flower: 6 beads (star-shaped)
Black pepper: 6 pieces
Cinnamon: 2 sticks
Hummus: 12 cups (grains)
Chicken thighs: 7 pieces (seasoned with: 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon dried coriander, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 tablespoon salt and 2 tablespoon flour )
Water: 1 1/2 cups (or chicken broth)
Green olives: 12 pieces (seedless lemon)
Black olives: 12 pieces (without seeds)
Pickled lemon: 3 pieces
Saffron: half a teaspoon
Sugar: a tablespoon
Raisins: 12 cups (soaked in water)
Dried apricots: 10 grains
Pistachio: as desired (for decoration)
Almonds: to taste (roasted, topping first)
Sweet pepper: sprinkle (for decoration)
- Fry the onion slices in ghee and oil, then add the garlic and spices, and leave them on the fire for 3 minutes.
- Add the so-called chicken with the dry spices as in the ingredients, and put it on the fire for 20 minutes, then add the water or broth with the chickpeas.
- Pour the chicken and onion mixture into the oven clay, add the lemon slices, close the plate with aluminum foil (tin) well and put it in a very hot oven for 45 minutes.
- Then, reduce the oven temperature to medium for an additional 30 minutes.
- Add the soaked raisins, apricots, olives, paprika and black pepper and leave for 10 minutes.
- We expose the tagine by removing and browning the tin.
- Before serving, garnish with pistachios, roasted almonds, paprika and more olives.